Thursday, October 11, 2012

Just Got Lucky

photo from Google Images

A little trivia for you: "The Mid-autumn Festival/Moon Festival or simply Zhong Qiu Jie (中秋節) in traditional Chinese,is a popular harvest festival celebrated by the Chinese as well as Vietnamese people. Dating back over 3,000 years, when ancient Chinese emperors worshipped the moon in the autumn, as they believed that the practice would bring them another harvest year." 


photos from Google Images


Mid-Autumn Festival is said to be one of the few most important holidays in the Chinese Lunar calendar together with Chinese New Year and Winter Solstice. It usually falls on the 15th day of the eighth month in accordance with the Lunar Calendar. Usually during September or early October in the Gregorian calendar (commonly used here in the Philippines). As for this year, fell on the 30th of September 2012.  During this season, mooncakes are of mainstream. It comes in different shapes and you can choose either between having a single or a double-yolk. Yummy! Also, dice games will never be out of the picture.:) 




Speaking of dice games, remember I mentioned in my previous post, that last weekend was perfect for me since I get to dress up for 2 consecutive days? Here it is. Last Sunday, My siblings and I went to Tao Yuan Restaurant located at the Lucky Chinatown Mall in Binondo, to represent our parents for the said dice game event. We arrived a little bit late so we weren't able to sit next to each other. Anyway, it didn't really matter since we were randomly arranged for the dice game. The upper left photo above shows the winning codes and the rest were the results of the rolled dice. Got the one on the lower right! yay!:)




I was seated on table number 6, and yes! cash prizes were given instead (simplest of all the prizes! no hassle at all, buying all those stuffs). I didn't get that big amount coz I don't own those lucky hands unlike my youngest brother, who for two consecutive years, was able to aim for the "chiong guan" or the first prize. Lucky kid! 





I just love how wearing shorts can be so comfy and gives me the illusion of looking taller, match it together with wedges or heels. Perfect! Also, shorts are versatile enough to go with our bipolar weather. They are a perfect outfit both summer and rainy seasons, at least in tropical country like ours. Wearing winter bottoms during rainy seasons is a NO NO! seeing floods here and there, of course you don't want to get that eeky feeling of your pants getting wet. Just keep things simple yet fashionable. Wear shorts and make sure to match it with the right top. Baggy long sleeves, jacket, blazers etc. :)


Sheer top from Topshop | Neon pink shorts from Kamiseta | 
 Wedges from Vincci




Neon accessories from Dollhouse Shoppe | Satchel Bag from Cube Retail II

After the game, we walked around the mall to take a few shots of my outfit. Haha! Sorry for the background, I didn't really know where to have my photos taken. I'm still a little too shy to pose in front of a crowd.



Mall hopping? next stop was Greenhills Promenade to watch a movie. While waiting for the LFS, had an hour plus of bonding moment with my two brothers :) Bought happy lemon (Green Tea with rock salt and cheese is just awesome! My current favorite :) ) and spent the remaining hours, chit-chatting  at McDonald's. Once in a while bonding with my brothers felt so good :) I'm happy that we were able to do this. My two personal body guards watching over me hihi!


Before leaving the house, we decided to watch Ted. Unknowingly, it was R18 and since my youngest brother just turned15 he wasn't allowed to watch even with our company (speak about baby faces haha). We even begged for the security and checker to allow us to get in, anyway it's LFS but still they didn't allow us saying that there were MTRCB personnel inside the movie house and blah blah blah. We didn't really want to watch Taken 2 since we haven't watched the 1st thinking that we wouldn't get the story. Unexpectedly, the movie turned out great, it wasn't that bad afterall :) 


My Sunday ended so perfect! To those who's following me on instagram @pamjayne, I already posted this :) Came home with this on my table. I just love how my cousin, Donna, surprised me. She said she's not as sweet as me so she gave me something sweet instead. isn't it double sweet? :) Little surprises are simply the best! According to her "Boys don't matter as long as we have each other" cheesy! HAHA 

No comments:

Post a Comment